Real Estate Purchases
Turkey could be one of the best countries to buy a house. However, there are some details that you need to consider to make sure you do everything right.
Due Diligence is a Must.
Albeit you may find a detailed article on "Conducting Due Diligence for Real Estate Purchases", here is some answers to most asked questions:
Frequently Asked Questions
- know the construction company, real estate and the people you are dealing with - do your research; check the background of the company, verify company information from Chamber of Commerce and Turkish Trade Registry Gazette;
- do your comparison, look at similar properties from other estate agents in the same area and check them out;
- always negotiate on price and terms of purchase;
- check the title deed of the property for any encumbrances, limitations and other liabilities;
- check the municipal records and occupancy permit for squatter buildings and illegal constructions and worse any demolition order;
- make sure, the property you interested in is not within the military or security zone;
- always but always, get your own extra layer of protection from an attorney looking after your interest.